You will work close to the users, and solve real problems
Welcome to Yuman, where we're on a mission to transform healthcare through the development of our innovative mobile robots, affectionately known as Buddies. You will help us ensure a successful market entry and widespread adoption of our robots in both Danish and international hospitals. We work from the nurses' requirements, ensuring our robots always solve a need, and we invite you to join us in making our robots the best solution for automating transport tasks in hospitals and other healthcare institutions.
You will be involved in the entire development process, from ideas to deployment
We are a team of dooers. If you thrive in fast-paced environments and have a can-do attitude, you should join us. We are looking for a Software Engineer who will be at the forefront of solving real problems faced by healthcare professionals. You will work closely with our end-users and different hospitals, utilizing their feedback to refine Buddy's features and functionalities. You will have the opportunity to test in hospital environments the cool features you implement in Buddy. You will be based in Hellerup (Copenhagen, Denmark) and will work in an international team to bring Buddy to the next level and deliver complex technical and safe solutions to the hospitals we work with. We are in the phase of deploying the first Buddies across multiple Danish hospitals - and we want you to become part of it!
Buddy needs your help becoming smarter
We're not just looking for someone who can code; we want a team member unafraid to dive into foreign code, navigate large projects, and stay abreast of tech trends. Your daily responsibilities are:
- Develop and maintain our navigation stack, including motion planning algorithms, control, object detection, localization, and custom behaviors.
- Develop and maintain ROS2 drives that interface with hardware components.
- Develop our multi-robot navigation stack.
- Communicate with end-users to test and improve the robot's performance.
- Work as an independent and reliable member in robotic tasks.
You need to thrive in fast-paced environments
We would love to picture it pretty, but working in a startup is hard. On the positive side, we guarantee that within a few months, you will gain more knowledge and experience than you would anywhere else. You need to be able to work under pressure, be independent, enjoy the stress of live demos and deployments, and have a can-do attitude. Replace "but" with "how" and "when" in your vocabulary, focusing on solutions rather than obstacles. We expect that you will bring the following:
- Can code in C++ and Python.
- Experience with algorithms data structures, and OOP.
- Ability to independently recognize problems and provide input to solutions.
- Be structured and ensure quality in everything you do.
- Graduated in Software Engineering (or similar) and/or have experience in a similar role.
- It is a plus if you know ROS2 - but not a must.
We cannot wait to meet you
If you do not meet some of the responsibilities, but are excited about the job and think you can contribute to Yuman, please do not hesitate to apply. We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled, so please apply as quickly as possible. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.